Friday 17 August 2012

"The Best Salad I've Ever Eaten"!!

So a few days a week I make lunch for the lovely couple I work for, sometimes it's a ready made salad from M&S but quite frankly I'm sick to death of buying the same old same old so I guess they must be bored of eating them. The last few weeks I've been experimenting a bit more and today I made a Salad of Radish, Figs, Walnuts and Blue Cheese, they said it was the best salad they've ever eaten and believe me they eat in some very nice places !




The recipe was courtesy of the great Delicious magazine but unfortunately it's not on their web site yet but this is pretty much it!



For the English Cream dressing mix 3 tabespoons English mustard with 50ml white wine vinegar, add 225ml single cream and a couple of pinches each of salt and sugar, this makes quite a lot of dressing but can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.



For the salad, place a mixture of rocket and salad leaves in a bowl with thickly sliced radishes, quartered figs, chopped walnuts and chopped mint, mix in enough dressing to coat the salad leaves. Arrange salad on plates, scatter over Roquefort or other creamy blue cheese, a few more walnuts and a tablespoon of crushed coriander seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment